Medical Interpreting in Rehabilitation Settings
Expand your interpreting skills to rehabilitation settings.
About the course
Interpreters serving in rehabilitation settings are presented with unique challenges. Doctors may differ from those serving in a traditional healthcare setting. Patients too are facing different issues.
This course will provide you with the knowledge you need to make sense of the rehabilitation setting. You’ll learn about inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services and the staff that support them.
What You'll Learn
- Improve your ability to interact with patients and providers in a rehabilitative setting
- Learn who are the members of the rehabilitation team
- Strategies for managing rehabilitation assignments
- What to avoid during interpreting for rehabilitation assignments
- Improving the overall quality of the interpreting experience