Interpreting in Public Schools
Interpret for educators, families, and children.
About the course
Interpreters servicing the education sector come into contact with educators, families, and children. Teachers, principals, and other public school staff often need to communicate with English Language Learners (ELLs) and their families, who are often with limited English proficiency (LEPs) about crucial educational matters.
CE Hours & CEUs:
- Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters (CCHI/CEAP): for 2.00 CE Hours
- International Medical Interpreters Association (IMIA): for 0.2 CEU's
What You'll Learn
- Identify the different types of assignments and settings for educational interpretation.
- Describe the most common interpreting scenarios in these types of settings.
- Effectively conduct yourself as a professional interpreter for educational settings and public school assignments.