Avoiding Common Mistakes in Medical Interpreting
Improve your clarity and accuracy in medical interpreting.
About the course
Interpreting in the medical sector comes with unique challenges. Especially in this field, interpreting mistakes can result in adverse outcomes for your client, and can even have negative impacts on your career and future.
In this course, you’ll learn to identify the most common mistakes during medical interpretation. From there, you’ll learn to implement strategies to help you avoid those mistakes. You’ll improve the clarity and accuracy of your interpreting in medical and healthcare settings.
- Identify and avoid the most common mistakes during interpretation.
- Recognize and differentiate between the different roles of the interpreter.
- Improve the overall quality of the interpreting experience.
CE Hours & CEUs:
- Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters (CCHI/CEAP): for 1.00 CE Hours
- International Medical Interpreters Association (IMIA/ NBCMI): for 0.1 CEU's
What You'll Learn
- Identify code of ethics violations and learn to avoid common mistakes during on-site, face-to-face interpretation
- Recognize and differentiate between the different roles of the interpreter
- Learn how to improve the overall quality of the interpreting experience