8-Hour Medical Interpreting Refresher Training
Stay sharp with this medical interpreting refresher course.
About the course
Whether you’re a certified medical interpreter (CMI), certified health interpreter (CHI), or an interpreter who has completed a 40-hour medical interpreting course, this refresher course is perfect for those who have been out of the field for a while.
- Covers all the essential topics you need to know for working as a professional medical interpreter in today’s society.
- Complete the course on your own schedule. This course is designed to be taken at your own pace.
- Convenient and online. This eight-hour online refresher was designed as an online learning experience so you can complete it anytime, anyplace.
- Enroll today and refresh your medical training at your own convenience.
What You'll Learn
Our comprehensive online 8-hour Medical Interpreting Refresher course covers the following topics:
- The Differences Between translation and interpretation
- The Roles of Interpreting
- The Heart of Interpreting - created by Cindy Roat
- The Four Modes of Interpreting
- The Code of Ethics for Interpreters
- The IMIA and NCHIHC Codes of Ethics
- Managing The Flow of The Session
- Medical Terminology: Suffix, Prefix, and Root
- Medical Terminology: Understanding Body Systems